Robot Party

. 2009-12-17
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

Creativity goes a long way into making a Robot Party come to life. And I have to say this was a very fun concept for me to put together! For a 4th birthday party nothing seemed more appropriate for the Robot obsessed little boy then to be surrounded by his metal friends.
I had found heads similar to this online, but opted against drilling holes into cans or using glue and opted instead for empty metal paint cans I found at the Hardware store and high quality magnet buttons. Simple to put together, simpler still to take apart. You can be as creative or not as you wish and it’s very kid safe should you wish to offer a ‘make your own Robot head game.’









The bodies were a combination of spray painted cardboard boxes and Styrofoam blocks. And beyond the nuts, bolts and washers used, were mini cupcake holders, slinkys, and reflector lights.












The Robot cake was a great hit, which was hilarious as it has humble beginnings as a Costco Hanukkah cake. I personally am a huge fan of the Costco sheet cake, but wanted something far more robot specific, so I came up with the brilliant idea to hack up the sheet cake and make a simple marshmallow fondant covering to create my own creation. I wish I had taken a picture of the cake prior to my removing the big blue menorah and cutting it up in bits, but you get the concept…




And the outcome was perfect!



0 comments: