Colorblind Productions will be on vacation until August 19th with limited access to e-mail and voice mail
Happy New Year! Things are moving and shaking here at Colorblind Productions and we really look forward to introducing you to all of our new endeavors! That being said WE HAVE A NEW WEBSITE! Please feel free to visit www.colorblindprd.com and tell us what you think. We’d love to hear your feedback.
To boot, we’re starting the New Year off with our own company resolutions which we feel are important and something you all will greatly appreciate! The most important of these is to really improved communication. We’ve read the reviews of us on other online websites (wedding wire, project wedding, etc.) and heard personally from our clients that they absolutely love us but they would love it even more if we’d be more available, more responsive and generally more accessible. So beyond e-mail and our office number, you can always contact our cell phone numbers via text message. We’ve seen many of our clients friend us personally on facebook as well as our business facebook page and use that to contact us. We have a number of clients who tweet with us or contact us on Instant Messenger. Whatever communication style serves you best.
We look forward to a wonderful year and sharing memories with all of you.
Please accept our apology for the delay in responses over the past few weeks. We had a death in the family just before the Christmas holiday and have focused largely on that during this time.
We admittedly have neglected our e-mail. We are making our way through the backlog and will send a reply as soon as they are read. It may take a few days to reply otherwise.
Thanks for your patience and support.
Rob & Dianne
Creativity goes a long way into making a Robot Party come to life. And I have to say this was a very fun concept for me to put together! For a 4th birthday party nothing seemed more appropriate for the Robot obsessed little boy then to be surrounded by his metal friends.
I had found heads similar to this online, but opted against drilling holes into cans or using glue and opted instead for empty metal paint cans I found at the Hardware store and high quality magnet buttons. Simple to put together, simpler still to take apart. You can be as creative or not as you wish and it’s very kid safe should you wish to offer a ‘make your own Robot head game.’
The bodies were a combination of spray painted cardboard boxes and Styrofoam blocks. And beyond the nuts, bolts and washers used, were mini cupcake holders, slinkys, and reflector lights.
The Robot cake was a great hit, which was hilarious as it has humble beginnings as a Costco Hanukkah cake. I personally am a huge fan of the Costco sheet cake, but wanted something far more robot specific, so I came up with the brilliant idea to hack up the sheet cake and make a simple marshmallow fondant covering to create my own creation. I wish I had taken a picture of the cake prior to my removing the big blue menorah and cutting it up in bits, but you get the concept…
And the outcome was perfect!
We are happy to announce that we will soon be providing our large photo mural tiles from afotomural.com in ultra removable material, making the assembly of fotomurals to most surfaces as easy as peel and stick. And what’s best, the material leaves no possibility of an adhesive residue so if you wish to move your mural to another location you can do so.
Our trial copy has been successfully tested in a kitchen, subject to heat from the sink, and other precarious instances without issue!
Once it’s officially available we will let you know! Keep an eye out at www.afotomural.com in the interim
As I told you in a prior blog post, we took the deliciousness of fresh fruit throughout this family's 2 year old celebration!
The dining table was acombination of all things fruit! With bamboo plates over red plates and individual apples as place settings.
And what is better to end a twoty fruity party then a collection of fruit desserts!
Proof that even in the smallest of spaces, a little thought and decoration goes a long way!
I get 'casting call' e-mails from time to time to share with my clients. I figured I might as well share them on the blog for anyone interested.
- Looking for couples who want to get married in iconic New York city locations!! Can you imagine saying your “I Do’s” in central park? What about the Brooklyn bridge or the statue of liberty? Yankee stadium? Or on the top of a double-decker NYC tour bus? Looking for fun & charming couples that are looking to get married this October to December who live in near New York and want to get married in New York city for a new television series to air on an upscale cable network. We will provide you with a free wedding video, wedding officiant, & free top notch wedding planner with staff including assistant, wedding coordinator, intern, photographer, hair and make up, head of wait staff, caterer, singer, limo driver etc. Our expert wedding planner has ongoing relationships with some of New York’s top vendors and venues. Please email me for more information (for faster responses please send your name, number, photo) to: please send us your name, number a photo and a brief description of you and your fiancé. Jccarollo@nancyglassproductions.com
- Attention all NY, NJ & CT brides! Are you getting married within the next 4 months?? We want to talk to you! How would you like to commemorate your wedding on national TV while getting a chance to win an all-expense-paid, exciting, 5-star honeymoon (or first year anniversary trip)? TLC is currently casting an exciting new show that features brides getting married in NY, NJ & CT in November & December 2009 January & February 2010! On the show, you’ll be introduced to other brides that are getting married around the same time. You get to exchange ideas, talk about your upcoming nuptials and then attend each other’s weddings to see how it all turns out! We are looking for all types of weddings: traditional, over the top, unusual venues or event spaces, married on a cliff, at the zoo, while sky diving, fairytale, on a boat, very small & intimate, themed... Any and all types of weddings! It can be your first, second, third or thirteenth wedding any and all ages welcome! If you'd like your wedding to be considered for our show, please email: email@example.com. Include your name / phone # where you can be reached and your wedding date and location! If you can include a picture it would be great! Or call us at: 212-505-7775 x106
- Are you plain and dull but know you could look fabulous and gorgeous if someone would teach you how? Do you have the looks, but not the style? Do you have an inner diva inside you dying to come out? Major TV Production Company is currently casting for a new fun and fabulous makeover show that will air on Vh1. Here is what we are looking for:
-Women between the ages of 24 and 32.
-Women who live outside the metropolitan area.
-Women who, in the next couple of months, would like to debut their new look at an important event or occasion (i.e. reunion, wedding, birthday party, etc) or WOW a particular person from your past or present.
Whether you are tired of your current look, desperate to figure out how to maximize your figure, or just confused on how you can make the best impression possible, this light hearted and fun makeover show will teach you the skills you need to know to turn heads and let your best self shine. If you are someone or know of someone who would love this opportunity please send 3 recent pictures of yourself or the nominee with a letter describing your situation to: firstname.lastname@example.org Let us know why you¹re unhappy with your current look and what has kept you from changing it.
- “Wedding Day”, a new documentary-reality series from Mark Burnett Productions and DreamWorks Television, is now casting deserving couples! Do you know of someone who truly deserves a dream wedding? We’re looking for teachers, volunteers, military personnel, police, community leaders, cancer survivors, firefighters or anyone who continues to give of themselves to help others! Email a brief paragraph, along with a recent photo of the engaged couple to: email@example.com Be sure to include contact information!
- Having the wedding of your dreams this year? Are you and your fiancée from different countries or have different cultural backgrounds? Quiero mi boda wants you!! Are you having la boda de tus sueños and your fiancée is from a different country or has a different cultural background? Mexicanos con Cubanos, Dominicanos con gringos or even Puerto Ricans with Chinese!? You get the picture… quiero mi boda captures your memorable life-changing experience, as two people unite to start a new family and share each other’s customs and traditions. Email us ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why your wedding should be one of the selected few featured on the show. Get the ball and chain rolling by emailing us the following info: first and last names of you and your fiancée, each of your e-mail addresses, each of your phone numbers (mobile or other), three photographs: (1) a photograph of yourself alone, (2) a photograph of your fiancée alone, (3) a photograph of you together as a couple, wedding date and location (including city and state), how you and your fiancée met, each of your backgrounds, what are the common elements that you and your fiancée share and what are the differences that fuel the culture clash? what is your budget for your special day? what makes tu boda so special?